Last year I wrote an article about Calamansi Juice, and how it is sort of the lemonade of the Philippines. Indeed, it is quite refreshing. But, Calamansi has so many other uses beyond just drinking. Let’s have a look and see how many different uses we can think of!
Uses of Calamansi:
- Juice, similar to lemonade.
- I like to add it to drinks like tea or coke to give a little citrus kick.
- Sawsawan, or dipping sauce that is used by most Filipinos for their food usually contains some Calamansi.
- Feyma often uses Calamansi in cooking when lemon OR lime is called for. One time she made a “Key Lime Pie” which was actually a “Key Calamansi Pie”!
- Calamansi can be used for cleaning purposes – like in laundry or other cleaning needs.
- Drinking warm Calamansi juice has medicinal value – it can help clear your lungs, clear up a raspy voice, etc.
- Many sauces to use for spicing your food here have calamansi as one of the key ingredients.
- It can be used to marinate foods before cooking.
What other uses of Calamansi do you know of? Let’s get a list together and see how many uses we can come up with!