I will share with you some food prices. These are from receipts I had saved. For you foreigners hoping to move to Philippines, this will give you an idea of costs.
These prices are from Davao City.
Some of the items I list may be things you are not familiar with, but at the end of the article, I will give definitions of those.
You might wanna have this website pulled up just in case you wish to convert Philippines Pesos in to US Dollars or any other currency:
Here are the prices:
- 2 Burgers… P25.00
- 1 meat, 2 vegetables, 1 small tea (varies eachday)… P45.00
- 5 Piayas… P18.65
- Grape Juice (pouch)… P7.00
- Berry Flavored Pretzles…P5.50
- 2 Rice, 2 Soups, 2 Pancit, 2 Pork, 2 Small Teas… P100.00
- White Apple Tea… P14.25
- Chili Cheese Corn Chips… P5.50
- Medium Ube Hopia… P15.00
- 2 Chicken wings, rice, coleslaw, Iced Tea… P115.00
- Chicken Sisig, 2 Lumpia, Pepsi, Rice… P39.00
- Fried Chicken (leg/breast), Rice, Iced Tea… P25.00
- Fried Meatballs, Rice, Iced Tea… P50.00
- 1500ML Distilled Bottled Water… P20.00
- Half Kilo Bag of Mangosteen… P35.00
- All Bran Cereal… P162.80
- Grape Juice (bottled)… 12.05
- Guyabano Juice (pouch)… P5.25
- Spicy Pork, Rice, Reg. Iced Tea… P49.00
- Reg. Halo-Halo… P49.00
There are some things listed that you may not know of. I will now give them definitions-
-Piaya: A flat, flaky, round sweet filled pastry.
-Pancit: A Filipino noodle dish. It is similar to the Chinese noodle dish, Lo-Mein.
-Ube: A purple yam.
-Hopia: A pastry. Its usually filled with different things. Also, it can be a flaky long roll, or ‘diced’ into squares with a cake-like batter.
-Sisig: A food made from cooked pig’s head with egg on top. It can also be made from chicken.
-Lumpia: A small food that is flaky and crunchy on the outside with a meat filling. It is very much like a springroll.
-Mangosteen: A tropical fruit.
-Guyabano: A tropical fruit.
-Halo-Halo: A Filipino dessert. It consists of shaved ice with ube jam, tropical fruit slices, young coconut, gelatin, flan, and ice cream on top.
Hi, I am Jonathan Watson. I'm 19 years old, living in Davao, Philippines, and currently attending the Ateneo de Davao University as a 1st year student. I am originally from the state of South Carolina, in the USA. I'm interested in many things such as cultures, theology, and writing. I am also known by nicknames such as "Jawz" (my online nickname 'cause of my initials; J.onathan A. W.atson + random Z). Others just call me "Jon".