Forum

Philhealth Application  

RSS

Jack
 Jack
(@jack)
16/07/2018 2:52 pm  

Those who may be interested in applying for Phil-health care, let me tell of my recent visit to the Phil-health office to apply for membership in this system.

Both myself and my wife (both of us are seniors) went to the Oroquieta branch of Phil-health here in Misamis Occidental to get application forms and to get advice on what documentation would be required. For my wife it was simple, just a copy of your senior citizen card ma'am and fill up the application, your cover is free of charge. For me it was a bit more complicated, several phone calls to see what was required for yours truly. Well all was sorted eventually, just fill up the application form sir and bring P17,000.00 for for your 1 year membership. We returned 2 days later and after  approx 10 minutes we both had our brand new membership cards, just to stick on our photo and laminate. (By the way my wife was asked for her birth cert which we did not bring) but they did not insist on it.

I then asked am I now covered, oh no sir, you cover will begin on Sep 1, as it will be the start of the new quarter, ok fine thanks. Now if you wish to become a member, remember that your cover won't start until the new quarter, so you can save yourself (unlike me) the cost of 2 months. But I'm happy that I am now "joined up" and bring birth certs just in case you are asked for them.

Good Health.

Garyduss liked
ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
16/07/2018 8:45 pm  

Hi Jack,

Thank you for sharing your story. Unfortunately, your story may be completely correct in your case, I am sure it is, but it is not really completely correct. Most likely the people at PhilHealth did not tell you the complete story, I find in most cases the employees at PhilHealth don't even understand how PhilHealth works for foreigners.

What they told you is completely correct if the foreigner is a member of the informal economy. In other words, if the person is unemployed, retired or in any other way not earning an income here.

In addition to the higher fee that you mentioned coverage is also curtailed for foreigners who are part of the informal economy. You get no Z Package (the Z Package benefits saved my life in 2016). 

This change was made to PhilHealth in 2017. Higher payments (much higher) and lower benefits for foreigners. Most foreigners think and spread the word that the things you are saying apply to ALL foreigners who want to enroll in PhilHealth, but that is absolutely incorrect.

If the foreigner is gainfully employed in the Philippines, or "works" for his wife who owns a business, he can get FULL benefits (including Z Package) at a Price of P3600 for an entire year.

I know, because I have this coverage, and I have full benefits.

Again, thanks for telling us how it worked (or didn't work) for you!

ReplyQuote
Garyduss
(@garyduss)
20/07/2018 1:36 pm  

Does philcare cover pre existing conditions?

ReplyQuote
Jack
 Jack
(@jack)
23/07/2018 5:35 pm  

Hi Gary

I'm not sure, we were never asked if we had any pre-existing conditions or indeed any questions of that nature. Going by Bob's story to date, I don't think pre-existing conditions will cause any problems, but maybe better ask Bob.

Garyduss liked
ReplyQuote
Garyduss
(@garyduss)
30/07/2018 12:44 am  

Thanks jack

ReplyQuote
Peter Devlin
(@peter-d)
10/08/2018 10:40 pm  

Just like to recount my recent experience applying for Philhealth for the first time, which I did because my former insurance arrangements expire next month. 

I'm retired and part of the informal economy, so I knew that I would have limited coverage and that I would have to pay 17,000 pesos for a full year. Last week I passed by the main office in Davao City just to pick up a form. The next day I went back with my completed form, along with photocopy of my passport and ACR card, a passport photo, and the fee in cash. I arrived at exactly 8 am, and presumed I would be there for a while going through whatever process was required. I left at 8.20 am with my new laminated membership card and computer print out of my data sheet. twenty minutes from start to finish! Brilliant. It was early morning which I suppose was an advantage, but they were super efficient. And everyone, from the security at the entrance to the admin staff inside, were polite and really cheerful and chatty. Thank you Philhealth for the quickest "red-tape" I've come across in the Philippines.

ReplyQuote
Bob Martin
(@mindanaobob1)
Active Member Admin
11/08/2018 9:53 am  

That is great, Peter! I am glad that everything worked out well for you.

One thing that you really hit head-on was that when doing to government offices if you are there when they open for business things usually go much more quickly!

Thanks for sharing your story!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register