Forum

Coming to and going from the Phils on a Resident Visa  

RSS

DavidH
(@davidh)
23/07/2018 7:02 pm  

Great website, Bob. Wonderful thing you're doing for all of us. Many thanks! Question: I currently teach in Vietnam and I am married to a Filipino citizen. She and I intend to apply for a spouse's residence visa at the embassy here. Once/if the visa is granted, we will enter and rent a condo for a year, and during this year I will need to travel back and forth to Vnam and other ASEAN countries to conduct business for 6-8 week periods, then  back for awhile, then out again, etc. Does leaving for 1-2 months several times a year affect my resident status, or may I come and go as needed?  Again, many thanks. Salamat po.

This topic was modified 2 months  ago by DavidH

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
24/07/2018 5:50 am  

You can come and go as needed, that won't have any effect (positive or negative) on your resident visa.

ReplyQuote
DavidH
(@davidh)
24/07/2018 8:08 am  

Thank you, Bob! - David 

ReplyQuote
DavidH
(@davidh)
24/07/2018 8:10 am  

Bob, in the future, we may ask your assistance on US spouse visa matters. Will you please email me the details of the services you offer?

ReplyQuote
 Anonymous
24/07/2018 8:30 am  

Hi David,

We offer everything! Help with the application process, review of documents before submission and assistance until the process is complete!

I am not the guy that will help you. I have not done such an application for nearly 30 years. Nope... we have a real expert that will help you, somebody who helps with many applications every single day.

Hope this helps!

ReplyQuote
DavidH
(@davidh)
27/07/2018 6:00 pm  

Hi Bob! We are following your forum advice to apply for my residence visa at the Philippines embassy here in Vietnam, and you are right, it is much faster (7-10 days) here once all forma, police report, and medical certificate are gathered and submitted. The embassy here is responding to emails quickly and pleasantly also.

ReplyQuote
DavidH
(@davidh)
27/07/2018 6:02 pm  

There's one more question though: The embassy said that I apply at Philippines immigration for the ARC card when I'm in the country already. Do you have any idea how long this takes? And is it complicated?

ReplyQuote
DavidH
(@davidh)
27/07/2018 6:05 pm  

We're trying to figure out if we need to plan on time in Manila to get it. We're going to be looking for an apartment in Baguio City.

Thanks again for your expert advice! - D

ReplyQuote
Bob Martin
(@mindanaobob1)
Active Member Admin
27/07/2018 6:08 pm  

When you apply for your ACR (not ARC, there is no such thing) it will be effective immediately. You will wait about 2 months to get the actual card, but the receipt will suffice until the card is issued.

ReplyQuote
Bryan G
(@bryan-g)
16/08/2018 12:20 am  

Hi Bob - have not been on your site for years - just like to add to your man asking about residence visas. I renewed mine this year and of course did not get an ACR card, I was asked when I would next leave the country and I stated in 2 weeks for medical treatment. I was immediately informed I could not leave the country as I did not have an ACR card. To cut a long story short I had to get a waiver letter which permitted me one exit and one entry. It took me from 8 in the morning until 3.45 in the afternoon to get my renewal and waiver - this was in Intramuros.

ReplyQuote
Bob Martin
(@mindanaobob1)
Active Member Admin
16/08/2018 1:43 pm  

Hi Bryan - Glad to see you back, welcome!

I think there is a bit of confusion and I just want to clear that up. You said you went to renew your Resident Visa this year. Resident visas don't have to EVER be renewed. I suspect that you had to go renew your ACR card. ACR and Resident visas are not the same thing. ACR is just an ID card and it does have to be renewed every 5 years.

It is unfortunate what happened to you. However, all of this is public knowledge, perhaps you did not know that this is what would happen. If somebody has a planned trip out of the country, for any reason, and the trip falls around the renewal date of the ACR I would strongly recommend that they go renew early, so they will have the new card in hand before their trip.

Again, thanks for visiting again after so long!

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register