NEW articles daily! Subscribe below to receive daily updates with our new articles!
Think you know a lot about the Philippines? See how many questions you can answer correctly! Answers at the bottom of the page.
1. Which President of the Philippines had the most children?
2. In which province does the Cagayan River originate?
3. What was the name of the first Spanish settlement in the Philippines?
4. Which province is named after a first lady?
5. What song is sung the most in the Philippines?
6. What song is sung second most?
7. Which province has the most cities?
8. What is the oldest existing city in the Philippines?
9. What is the longest river in Mindanao?
10. What is the largest island in the Philippines?
11. Within 100 km, how wide is the Philippines at its’ widest point?
12. What was the hottest temperature ever recorded in the Philippines?
13. What is the coldest temperature ever recorded in the Philippines?
14. What size of shoe did Imelda Marcos wear?
15. What is the longest river in the Philippines?
16. What is the tallest mountain in the Philippines?
17. What is Ma Mon Luk famous for?
18. When did the first ice cream parlor open in the Philippines?
19. What is the bookmaker at a cockfight called?
20. What was the first flight of Philippine Airlines?
21. What is the largest employer in the Philippines, aside from the government?
22. What was the first book printed in the Philippines?
23. What does “KKK” stand for in the Philippines?
24. What was the name of the only ship to complete Magellan’s expedition?
25. Who was Pigafetta?
26. Who were the Philippines named after?
27. How long is the President’s term?
28. How long is a senator’s term?
29. How long is a representative’s term?
30. How many regions are in the Philippines?
31. What was the highest rated TV show in the Philippines in 2009?
32. When was the first movies shown in the Philippines?
33. What country’s films were shown?
34. What was the first movie filmed in the Philippines?
35. By what name are Chinese Filipinos known?
36. By what name were native Filipinos deemed by the Spanish?
37. What Filipino monkey is the smallest in the world?
38. What Filipino freshwater fish is the smallest in the world?
39. What Filipino animal is the smallest hoofed animal in the world?
40. What town is the smallest population of any municipality in the Philippines?
41. What is the longest bridge in the Philippines?
42. What is the second longest bridge in the Philippines?
43. What is the longest mountain range in the Philippines?
44. How many pairs of shoes were in Imelda Marcos’ collection?
45. What is the largest Catholic University in the world?
46. The largest flower in the world grows in the Philippines. What is it called?
47. What is the largest province in the Philippines in terms of area?
48. What is the largest hospital in the Philippines?
49. What is the largest park in the Philippines?
50. What is the largest lake in the Philippines?
51. The largest fish in the world lives in Philippine waters. What is it?
52. The largest bat in the world calls the Philippines home. What is it called?
53. The largest reptile in the world lives here. What is it?
54. What is the highest waterfall in the Philippines?
55. What is the oldest street in the Philippines?
56. What is the oldest surviving bridge in the Philippines?
57. What is the oldest University in the Philippines?
58. What is the oldest company in the Philippines?
59. What is the oldest bank in the Philippines?
60. What is the oldest Filipino insurance company?
61. Who was the Filipino priest?
62. Who was the first Spanish Governor General?
63. Who was the first Archbishop of the Philippines?
64. Who was the first American Civil Governor of the Philippines?
65. When was the first automobile imported?
66. When was the first auto dealership established?
67. What was the first TV station in the Philippines?
68. Who was the first woman senator?
69. Who was the first US President to visit the Philippines as President?
70. By what other name is the Philippine Eagle known by?
71. How many species of seahorses are found in Philippine waters?
72. How many species of flowers grow in the Philippines?
73. How many species of fruit grow in the Philippines?
74. Where was Jose Rizal born?
75. What rank is the Philippines in terms of longest coastline?
76. What is the world’s smallest volcano?
77. What is the world’s longest underground river?
78. What percentage of the population of the Philippines lives on Luzon?
79. What is the least densely populated province?
80. What is the poorest province?
81. What city has the highest population?
82. What Philippine fruit is ranked as the sweetest in the world?
83. What is the largest High School in the world?
84. In terms of production of bananas, where is the Philippines ranked?
85. How many home-runs did Babe Ruth score in the Philippines?
86. When and where was the “Thrilla in Manila”?
87. Who was the longest serving mayor of any Philippine City?
88. How many Filipino Vice-Presidents later became President?
89. Who was the last President who was a lawyer by trade?
90. How many Filipino doctors work as nurses in the United States?
91. What is the most profitable business in the Philippines, based on tax revenue?
92. Second most profitable?
93. Did a Filipino film ever win at Cannes?
94. What was the worst shipwreck in the world (Happened in the Philippines)?
95. How strong was the strongest earthquake in the Philippines?
96. In terms of population, what rank is Metro Manila in the world’s most populous?
97. What is the largest coral reef in the Philippines?
98. How many people speak Tagalog as their first language in the Philippines?
99. How many people speak Cebuano as their first language in the Philippines?
100. How many churches in the Philippines are UNESCO World Heritage Sites?
1. Jose Laurel (7).
2. Nueva Vizcaya.
3. Fort San Pedro.
5. Happy Birthday.
6. Lumpang Hinirang.
7. Negros Occidental.
9. Rio Grande de Mindanao.
11. 1,107 km.
12. 42.4 deg. C. in Tuguegarao, April 29, 1912.
13. 3 deg. C. in Baguio, January 7, 1903.
15. The Cagayan River, Luzon.
16. Mt. Apo, Mindanao.
17. He created the noodle dish known as Mami.
18. 1899. Clarke’s Cafe in Binondo.
19. Kristo (Because he is like Christ).
20. Manila to Baguio in 1941.
21. San Miguel Corporation.
22. Doctrina Christiana (1593).
23. Kataas-taasan, Kagalang-galangang Katipunan ng̃ mg̃á Anak ng̃ Bayan
25. The member of Magellan’s crew who kept the journal recording the expedition’s experiences. The first western account of the Philippines.
26. King Phillip II of Spain.
27. 6 years
28. 6 years.
29. 3 years.
33. France. Un Homme Au Chapeau (Man with a Hat), Une scene de danse Japonaise (Scene from a Japanese Dance), Les Boxers (The Boxers), and La Place de L’ Opera (The Place L’ Opera)
34. Panorama de Manila in 1898.
38. Dwarf Goby
39. Philippine Mouse Deer.
40. Kalayaan, in the Spratley Islands.
41. The San Juanico bridge, between Samar and Leyte.
42. The Buntun bridge in Tuguegarao.
43. The Sierra Madre, in Luzon.
48. Philippine General Hospital, Manila
49. Sierra Madre National Park, Luzon
50. Laguna de Bay, Luzon.
51. Whale shark.
52. The Giant Flying Fox
53. The Asian Saltwater Crocodile.
54. Aliwagwag Falls, in Davao Oriental
55. Calle Colon, in Cebu
56. Jones Bridge, in Manila.
57. University of San Carlos, Cebu.
58. Ayala Corporation.
59. Banco Espanol Filipinas
60. Insular Life.
61. Martin Lakandula, ordained 1590.
62. Miguel Lopez de Legazpi
63. Domingo Salazar
64. William Howard Taft.
66. 1907. A Ford dealer.
67. ABS, in 1953
68. Geronima Pecson
69. Dwight D. Eisenhower
70. The Monkey-eating Eagle.
72. Over 9,000
73. Over 200
74. Calamba, Laguna
75. Third, behind Canada and Indonesia.
77. St. Paul’s, in Palawan
81. Quezon City
82. The Carabao mango from Guimaras.
83. Rizal High School, Pasig (20,000 students)
84. Third, behind Costa Rica and Ecuador.
85. 4 (He was on a goodwill tour with the Yankees)
86. 1975, Araneta Colisseum.
87. Pablo Cuneta (Sharon’s father) was mayor of Pasay for over 50 years.
88. 6 (Sergio Osmena, Elpidio Quirino, Carlos Garcia, Diosdado Macapagal, Joseph Estrada and Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo)
89. Ferdinand Marcos
92. Electricity generating
93. Yes. Anino won in 2000, beating out 715 entrants.
94. MV Dona Paz, in 1987. Nearly 4,400 people died.
95. A 7.7 quake occured in Luzon in 1990.
97. Apo reef (2nd largest in the world)
98. 22 million
99. 20 million
100. 4 (the San Agustín Church in Manila, the Paoay Church in Ilocos Norte, the Nuestra Señora de la Asunción (Santa María) Church in Ilocos Sur, and the Santo Tomás de Villanueva Church in Iloilo.)
So, how did you score?
0-20 Correct – Better get to a library and read up on your home.
20 – 40 Correct – You have a basic understanding of the facts.
40 – 60 Correct – You’ve been here a while.
60 – 80 Correct – Well done. You are an expat expert.
80 – 100 Correct. Apply as a professor at UP. You are now native.