Balikbayan Visa Valid for 1 Year

NEW articles daily! Subscribe below to receive daily updates with our new articles!

Please enter your name.
Please enter a valid email address.
Something went wrong. Please check your entries and try again.

Today we got a comment and question from Annaliza P. Zimmerman.

This is what Annaliza had to say:

BizzzBuddy - The Business that works while you sleep

I suggested that if your trying to apply for 13 A Visa rather first exit the Philippines after your 30 days Visa expires even just to Hong Kong with your wife and came back both an hour after so that you will not pay anymore for the extension while processing the 13 A Visa because you will be given a Balikbayan Visa valid for 1 year because If you apply first for the 13 A Visa you cannot go out of the country so you need to extend and it is expensive right?

This is John’s response:

Annaliza: That will work, but the additional extension was not so expensive as a flight (Realistically, we are talking about $50). You CAN leave the country after starting the 13a (I did), you just need to inform immigration about it.

Bob Martin

Bob Martin is the Publisher & Editor in Chief of the Live in the Philippines Web Magazine. Bob is an Internet Entrepreneur. Bob is an American who lived in Mindanao from 2000 until 2019. Bob has now relocated back to the USA.

Most Shared Posts

Leave a Reply

52 Comment threads
68 Thread replies
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
46 Comment authors
Bob MartinChris Vergara